9.25.2008

Job Update

For the last 3 years I've been working for Simplicity Group based out of Springville UT and last Friday was my last day with them. It was sad to say goodbye to something that has been such a blessing for me but it was a relief as well because I've been working 2 jobs. When I got here I got a job at Scottsdale Culinary Institute in the registrar's office through a staffing agency. It started out as a temporary position but I hoped that I would be kept on as a permanent employee. But I found out a couple weeks ago that they had hired someone else so my job search began again.

Just this last week two opportunities have come up through my staffing agency that are both direct hire. And I interviewed here at the school for a position in another department and they want me to come work for them. So I've had several interviews this week over the phone and in person and things have been going well. I found out this afternoon that one of the jobs decided to go with someone else so my options are down to the position at the Culinary Institute in the Career Services department or at a company called RGU Group. I really want the job at RGU because it's close to my house and the company seems awesome - they do souvenir stuffed animals. I have a second interview with RGU tomorrow morning and I will find out if I got it tomorrow afternoon. Scottsdale Culinary has already offered me the job so I'll have something either way, but I'm really hoping things work out.

So wish me luck and we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: