10.15.2008

Silly Slip

I was cutting an apple yesterday morning for our lunches and wasn't as careful as I should have been. While I was trying to cut the core out I stabbed my palm with the paring knife. I swore at my clumsiness and then ran my hand under the water. John heard me and came in to see if I was alright. It wasn't a very big cut but I was worried that it was deep because it just kept bleeding. So I started getting really sick to my stomach and feeling weird. I felt faint and it started hurting pretty bad. I was crying and putting pressure on the cut so it would stop bleeding and John was trying to calm me down.

It stopped bleeding pretty quick and it isn't that big a deal, but it's the first time I've done anything like that so it's a big deal to me. I guess I went into shock at the sight of blood or because I was worried. I was pale, shaky, I had fever and chills, and I felt so nauseous. Kind of a scary experience.

John had to leave for school so I laid down for a while then got ready for work. It took a long time with only one hand. It's feeling a little better today and I have more flexibility but it doesn't look very good. And I'm so wishing I could just wash my hands like normal or put on lotion. You never realize how much you use your hands until you can't for a while.

So be careful with knives and be grateful for your hands!

No comments: