12.02.2008

Welcome to December



We had both chicken and turkey for Thanksgiving this year. Dave and Charity came up from Tucson and we had turkey/chicken dinner at our apartment. It was a fun day and dinner came out great, mostly. I was a little disappointed in my rolls and the stuffing wasn't fantastic, but we had fun and all got plenty to eat.

I was really excited about finally using my stemware - I love those glasses. It was a lot of hard work all day in the kitchen but it was worth it in the end. And now I can say I did Thanksgiving dinner, even though we didn't do a full turkey. We'll tackle that another year.

I am sad to report that I only made it to 22,031 words on my NaNoWriMo novel before November 30th. I procrastinated too long and didn't dedicate enough time to spend on writing enough during the month. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but on Sunday night when I had officially given up I was feeling rather disappointed in myself. But I did write quite a bit and now I know that it makes a difference to me if I finish or not, so next year I'll plan better.

John flew to Atlanta a couple weeks ago for second round interviews with Johnson & Johnson. He hasn't heard back from them a yes or a no yet so we're crossing our fingers. Meanwhile, he's got two more interviews on campus this week and getting really tired of it all. But I have full confidence in him and I'm not worried - I know he'll get a good internship.

Work is going well for me - I'm still at Scottsdale Culinary Institute and having a great time. They really like me there, too, so I'm hoping that they'll hire me on permanently. I do have an interview at ASU on Wednesday, though, just to keep my options open. I do like it here at the Culinary school so I hope things will work out.

So now we get to look forward to Christmas and the holiday break. And I am really looking forward to more time off - it's hard to come back to life after vacation. I've got the week of Christmas off of work so we'll get to be in Utah with John's family for more than a couple of days. I'm also looking forward to some snow - haven't seen much of that down here in AZ.

So welcome to December!!

No comments: