12.16.2008

Almost Christmas

I can't believe its already Christmastime - especially considering the weather around here is nothing like winter. It is cold today but nothing like what I have been used to in December. And I can't complain.

John is working hard on studying for mid-terms this week and his last day of school before the break is this Thursday. He is really excited to have some time off and see his family for the holidays. His other big news is that he was offered an internship position at Johnson & Johnson in Irvine, CA. It is a 10-12 week internship during the summer and he's just glad that he's got an offer from a really good company.

I got the word that I got the job at ASU! I'll be starting in the MBA Admissions office on January 5th. I'm excited and nervous. I'm really sad to leave Scottsdale Culinary because I've made such good friends here, but I need a permanent and secure job. Change is good, I guess, and I hope this is one for the better. Its always a little scary to start something new.

So this means that I will get 2 weeks off for vacation and we'll get to spend more time with family for the holidays - YAY! And it also means that I will probably be staying here in AZ this summer while John goes to CA for his internship... sad. Fortunately, its close enough that we'll still be able to see each other on the weekends. But, as John reminds me, I need to stop thinking about that and just focus on the nearer future.

Merry Christmas! We've had a couple of parties with friends and I got some awesome pics that I'll post soon.

No comments: