1.01.2009

Happy 2009!


(The pictures I've promised of our holiday parties and visiting with family.)

Surprisingly I've been ready for 2009 since the end of September - I caught myself writing 09 instead of 08 several times in the last few months. And now it's here! Happy New Year!

John and I are still in Utah enjoying the snow on the ground as long as it's not in the road. It has been pretty chilly and I'm about ready to get back to Arizona and warmer weather. Christmas at the Zincke's was so fun. We had a late start but that was okay because then the Christmas morning magic lasted even longer. Our activities in the last couple of weeks have included lots of Frasier, lots of food, and lots of shopping mixed in with a few movies and meals out. We have a couple more days here in Utah before we drive back down to work and school.

We spent last weekend in Colorado with my family, which was wonderful. Paul (my younger brother) gave a lovely farewell talk in church and we had a great time playing games and visiting with the Woodbury's. It was short, but it was fun and I'm so glad we got to be with the family for a couple of days before Paul leaves on January 7 to go into the MTC. It will be about 3 years before we can all be together again as a family because of my brother's missions.

Our holidays were happy and we're looking forward to a new year of more friends and family.

No comments: