1.26.2009

Just Breathe

John and I had a laid back weekend, which was so nice after all the hustle and bustle. Our holidays were wonderful and we so enjoyed visiting family and friends. But this weekend was much needed.

Friday night we went bowling with some friends. I am the first to admit that I am awful at the much-loved pastime of rolling a ball down a wooden lane to knock over the pins, so I did not play. I figured it would be silly to pay for me to do something I probably wouldn't enjoy, especially since I was only there for the socializing anyway. So I did a lot of visiting and I got to hold Jocelyn who is almost 3 months old now. After the game, I don't have the slightest idea of who won, we went to Chipotle for a late dinner. And late it was... they politely let us know it was time to leave by putting all the chairs on the tables. When we got home we watched a few episodes of Frasier (we're on Season 7 of 11 now) then went to bed.

Sleeping in on Saturday was absolutely glorious. We didn't get up until about 10:30. Of course, staying in bed that long came with the usual dose of guilt over being lazy on a beautiful sunny day, bit I managed to push the feelings aside as I argued with myself that a lazy morning was long overdue. And the day ended up being mostly productive anyway - we ran a few errands, did some grocery shopping, tidied up the house, and made a lovely dinner. We also managed to get more Frasier in (I know, big surprise) and some 24. I did spend a few hours reading, too. I've started on a new fantasy book and I had forgotten how much I like being immersed in a fun adventure.

Sunday was also pretty relaxed so it was a lazy and enjoyable weekend all around. One thing of note: John was persuaded to buy fish at the store on Saturday and we had it for dinner last night with rice and acorn squash. Yes, John ate fish... willingly. This health kick of his must be serious indeed!

No comments: