1.13.2009

Work and Play

I'm now in my second week of working at ASU in the MBA Admissions office and so far it is going really well. Last week was kind of overwhelming as I met everyone I would be working with and then all the other people associated with the MBA programs. I met with each of the Admissions team members to get to know them better and so they could get to know me, too. By Thursday I was starting to feel more comfortable and settled, almost like I belong here. This week has also been good - I've started working on some projects and I realizing just how fun its going to be to work with all these people. So this change that I was so nervous about has turned out to be a good one as far as I can tell.

Last Friday John and I flew out to Salt Lake City to attend a couple of weddings. John's younger brother was married to Jessica in the Temple on Saturday. We were able to go to the wedding and then we stood out in the cold for a while before taking pictures. Then that afternoon we went to another friend's wedding - Joseph Golden - at the same Temple. I'm so glad we were able to go to both and celebrate with our friends and family. It was a good day, but very long and very cold. We thought we would have some time to visit with the family on Sunday but our flight left at 3 so we didn't get as much time as we would have liked. Brandon and Andrea had us over for dinner that night, which I was grateful for, and then we went to bed early after a long and busy weekend. I've been struggling just a little the last couple of days because I don't really feel like I got much of a weekend. Thank goodness there is a three day weekend in just a few days!

Meanwhile, John doesn't go back to school until next Tuesday so he's been vegging at home. He is recovering from a cold, so its probably good that he's resting up and getting plenty of sleep. I'm just jealous... He had a quick one day trip to California last week to meet the people in the office where he will be doing his internship. He was a little nervous but it turned out just fine and he's looking forward to spending a few months in California this summer. I, on the other hand, will be here in Arizona missing him terribly. But we'll deal with that when the time comes.

With all our traveling and vacations over for the holiday season we're finally settling back down into the regular rhythm of life. Routine is nice after so much craziness, but it was fun, too! So back to business for everyone!

No comments: