6.12.2009

It Was a Happy Birth-week

Yes, I am another year older. My only consolation is that I am still younger than John!

I feel like I've been celebrating my birthday all week, which I am definitely not complaining about. The actual day was Wednesday the 10th but some of the girls took me out to dinner on Monday. Annika couldn't come on Monday so she and I went to dinner at Tipps 88 Thai (my absolute favorite thai restaurant ever) on Tuesday night and had a fantastic time. Thanks again to all my friends for remembering and making me feel so special on my birthday week!

I woke up Wednesday morning thinking "Happy Birthday, Rach." (Yes, when talking to myself I do use nicknames). And, guess what? It was a very happy birthday! My coworkers all remembered and we celebrated with ice cream novelties (lovin' the eskimo pies) and a lovely card they wrote to me. I won a gift card to Wildflower Bread Co. and free tickets to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on stage at the Gammage by entering contests on Twitter. Then the lovely ladies a church took me to dinner and ice cream. When I got home after all that fun I had to quick do laundry and pack for my trip to California. My Mom called me from Hawaii and the family all sang me a little ditty over the phone which just made me miss them terribly. And I talked to my husband who also had wonderful birthday wishes for me.

I have fantastic friends, loving family, great coworkers, and an amazing husband. What more could I want on my birthday!?

2 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Happy Birthday! At least we are the same age!

Dani said...

Happy Late Birthday! I really wanted to come celebrate at dinner with you girls but it had been a busy day! Sounds like everyone treated you good though! Hope to see you soon! Us girls need to get together soon!