3.30.2009

Car Registration Frustration & Life

So since I had most of the day off from work today because I've been working to much on the weekends I thought it would be a good time to get the car registered. Ok, honestly, John asked me to go get it registered - I didn't really want to. But I just have to wonder if there is a better way to accomplish this task.

First, I have to get the car inspected, which I did today. But I had to sit in a line at the emissions place for an hour and a half. By the time I was out it was too late to go next door to the DMV to actually register the car because they stop doing visual inspections 2 hours before the office actually closes. So I have to go again later this week and get that inspection done. Then I'm going to have to wait in another line and when I finally do get to the window it's likely that I won't have all the right paperwork... I've done this a few times in the last couple of years.

In this world of technology and instant knowledge, there has just got to be a better way to register your car in a new state. I'm just venting here - I know many of you have had similar experiences. Some day, hopefully, it will change.

In the meantime I will spend another couple of hours at the DMV later this week to pay them a lot of money in exchange for a piece of paper that shows I own the car and have let the government know about it.

In other news: my first work event went really smoothly. We had a reception and dinner last Friday night and then our guests visited campus on Saturday for sample classes. It went great and I am so pleased. Even if I am exhausted, too.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hopefully your wait at the DMV (or MVD as they call it here in AZ, so weird) won't be too bad. When I went to get my driver's license they were so fast! I brought a book to read and hardly had time to open it. It took a little longer to register the car, but it wasn't too bad. Good luck! Glad your school event went well!

Melissa Grow said...

You did great! The part I saw went really well and you look so professional in your cute suit! Good luck with the registration. I don't envy you!

Michal Thompson said...

Let me tell you, it is even more of a pain when you have to do it every year!!