4.03.2009

More of the Same and then Something Totally Different

So I went to get the car registered again yesterday. After an hour and a half wait I got to the counter only to learn that I couldn't register the car because my name isn't on the title. I had several other errands to run and my frustration just kept growing. I picked up John at school along with a friend and we were headed to meet some other friends but got stuck in rush hour traffic. Then the person in front of me was suddenly stopping way faster than I thought. I stopped in time but the two people behind me did not. My first fender bender... not sure that I'm all that proud of it, of course. We were stuck on the side of the road for two hours waiting for the police to show up and then waiting for them to fill out all the paperwork. It was awful. But no one was hurt and the damage to the car wasn't really that bad, so there is definitely a bright side.

Today was better, though. John had time to go get the car registered and stop by the insurance office to get things straightened out with all the claims for the accident. I was busy at work getting ready for another big event we have tomorrow and then John stopped by to tell me that my new laptop had arrived while he was at home!! YAY!! So I had something to look forward to. The day passed fairly quickly and now I'm home getting to know 'my new best friend.' It's so cute and I know I'm going to love it!

So while one day may seem like the worst ever, the next day will inevitably be better. Cheer up - the sun really will come out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melissa Grow said...

Dang. That's stinks. I hope the event went well! DMV's are never a good thing.