8.13.2009

The Battle Commences


John had his appointment with the apartment manager lady today and went in fully armed with documentation and plenty of support to back his case. Problem was, the surprise was ruined and she saw him coming. So she went on the offensive right away and didn't give John a chance to even speak his piece. When he did get a word in edgewise she wouldn't listen and maintained the position that she was right despite the fact that she was in direct opposition to the law. It was like a smack in the face when she handed him the 30 day notice to vacate.

So I get a call from John while I'm at work and he says "we're movin" which I thought was a joke at first since we've been saying that for a month. Then I freaked out when I realized he was serious as he told me this story. Fortunately by this time he had already been out and seen a couple of other complexes and had an idea of what was out there. He picked me up from work and we went to see a place that is closer to campus, way nicer, way bigger, and much newer. Plus, they were running a deal right now so the rent was great. So we have an application in and we'll hear from them tomorrow.

So, you ask, who is the victor? One could say the manager witch, I mean lady, wins because we are in fact vacating the premises. Or, as I am choosing to see it, we win because we don't have to stay in a place that neither of us really liked, we don't ever have to see her ugly face again, and she lost a tenant that paid on time and kept the place nice because she was belligerent and rude right from the start. Yeah, the only cookies she's getting from me will be thrown through her window. You decide who you think wins. But I'll tell you what, I cannot wait to move into this new place because it is luxury after this hole!

No comments: