5.11.2009

Bittersweet Endings

John leaves for California next Saturday so this was his last weekend here in AZ with me until next fall. On Friday we went to a dinner organized by his school and got to see lots of friends. I took some pictures but none of them were very flattering so I won't post there here. And I forgot to take pictures of the Chinese food which was the most interesting. We had lots of new things and I have to admit not all of it was to my liking. John wanted to go get something else to eat after we left but when we got home I crashed. I was just going to lay down for a minute and next thing I new it was dark and the clock read almost midnight! I felt bad that I wasted so much time on our date night, but John didn't wake me up so he couldn't complain. We watched some Frasier together and went to bed late. Saturday was good - we got some things done and then had BBQ with friends. It was fun for all of us to get together before parting ways. We're hoping to do something this next weekend but we'll be driving to CA this Saturday so I'm not sure if we'll get to see everyone. We stayed up late again on Saturday night. I was reading a great book plus my stomach was pretty woozy and I had a headache. It still hadn't gone away by the next morning so we stayed home from church.

John was studying for finals off and on over the weekend but other than that it was pretty relaxing. He had a final this morning that he did well on and then he has a presentation this afternoon. Just a few more tests to go and he'll be done with his first year of Business School! And then he'll be gone to California. Bittersweet to say the least.

2 comments:

Melissa Grow said...

Hey- I came home and totally crashed on the couch too! Ryan didn't complain though, that meant he could study too. They must have put some sort of drugs in the food. Anyway- Ryan leaves on Memorial Day... I'll be working in Chandler, so we should meet up after work!

Michal Thompson said...

I am so sorry, Being away that long from the hubby is hard! We will keep you in our prayers. Just keep busy and hang out with friends and family while he is gone.