5.20.2009

Welcome to Irvine, California!



That's right, John is living in the O.C. and I think he fits in great. In fact, I think we both would and would love to move there!

I took a furlough day last Friday to get everything ready and have one last BBQ with all the friends then we left on Saturday. We drove most of the afternoon and arrived in Irvine at about 5:30pm. The house where John's staying is beautiful and the people who are letting him live there are wonderful. We had a great time getting to know them and I feel really good about how it all worked out. John is only about a 10 minute drive from his office and their house is close to shopping, grocery, and Laguna Beach. We had a fun time Saturday evening driving around to find all the places John will need to know about for the next couple months.

His first day of work went well, I think. It's only been a couple of days so John's doing a lot of orientation and meeting new people. He's still getting the info on the project he'll be working on, so I guess we'll so how it goes. So far I think he's most excited about having a tv in his room that gets cable - he's already watched 3 baseball games and caught up on all the Fox News.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get used to living by myself. With 4 younger siblings and then always having roommates in college I have never lived by myself. Sometimes I don't mind, like last night when I decided I didn't want to do dishes and that I wouldn't feel guilty about it. But it's also really hard - the worst is waking up in the morning and getting ready in an empty apartment. It's going to be a long summer. Fortunately, I've got some great friends who are here alone this summer, too. I foresee some quality girl time going on!

If anything, I have a great excuse to go on vacation every weekend! I'm driving out this Friday for the long weekend since John and I both have Monday off and I was able to get furlough on Tuesday, too. It will be an amazing weekend, I'm sure, and it can't come soon enough!

1 comment:

Charity Z said...

Good luck both of you! I'm sure the summer will go by pretty quick for ya though. Come visit Rach if you get too lonely!