5.04.2009

Tucson in May

I can't believe it's May already! Only a couple more weeks until John starts his internship - he's nervous and I'm a little sad because I'm going to miss him lots. Silver lining: I'll get to visit California a lot this summer! And maybe Sea World... still working on that.

John's parents were visiting Dave & Charity in Tucson for the last week so we drove down to participate in the fun both this last weekend and the Saturday before. It's a decent drive of about 2 hours (this coming from the person who slept in the passenger seat most of the way there and back) and well worth the trip both times. The thing I love about my in-laws is that we have the most fun just hanging out talking. We eat occasionally (thank you Charity for fantastic meals) and then we talk some more. And laugh - I love the laughter! It was a nice and relaxing weekend and John and I both came home feeling a little better about life. Isn't that what family is for, after all?

Work has been busy but good for me - we had a couple of events last week that went really well and I have another one this week. I still like it well enough and it definitely keeps me busy.

School has been stressful for John - he pulled another all-nighter last week working on a Real Estate project and he has another one, the last, due tomorrow. Then finals coming up and a big move and a new job. Poor guy - it's going to be a hectic couple of weeks! We found a lovely older couple in California who are letting John use an extra bedroom that's off their main house for the summer. We're lucky they had it available since the house is so close to John's office and they are charging a very reasonable rate, especially for California. We'll be driving out May 15th and he starts on the 18th.

So happy May, everyone! And, by the way, today is Star Wars day. Not sure why, but happy Star Wars day, too!

No comments: