5.30.2009

Memorial Day in CA




Since John and I both had Monday the 25th off we decided to spend it exploring more of Orange County. I left work an hour early and hit the road heading to CA. This was the first time I've done a road trip on my own since college but I wasn't worried because I used to do the drive from Provo to Denver all the time. I will admit this was a little scary, though. It was a holiday weekend so there were a ton of people on the road, plus the normal California traffic, so it was pretty stressful for the last couple of hours driving in the dark. I was so relieved to reach my destination and so tired that we just went to sleep.

Saturday we ran some errands and got John set with more groceries and fresh produce. We had lunch at a pizzeria in Lake Forest called Empanada Man which turned out to be really good and decently priced after our Restaurant.com certificate. For our Saturday night date night we found the Irvine cheap theater and finally saw Taken - great movie by the way, and I love Liam.

Sunday we went to church and then had a very quiet day at home. Sometimes it's nice to be lazy.

Monday we went down to San Juan Capistrano mostly because John found a BBQ joint and got a certificate to eat there. But I'm glad he did because it is such a great place! We drove over to Dana Point, took some pictures by the Marriott resort there then walked down to Doheny State Park to stroll along the beach. It was a great time and John had fun taking pictures of the beach and the water. He's still really excited about the beaches out here. We headed over to Bad To The Bone BBQ in San Juan Capistrano for an early dinner and it was awesome. The picture is of the pulled pork nachos we got - awesome. And we came out with tons of leftovers - also awesome.

John went back to work on Tuesday and after sending him off I drove back to Phoenix. But it was a short week and now I'm back in Irvine! I feel like I have two different lives right now; one in Phoenix where I am a single woman working full time and one in California where I am always on vacation and have great weekends with my husband. And we have 10 weeks to go...

1 comment:

Melissa Grow said...

So I'm on the countdown too. Let's hang out! What are you doing this weekend? I wish I could hop in the car and see my hubby!